Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 19, 20 & 21~

Photobucket
Sometimes you just don't feel like smiling!

Photobucket
19 weeks front

Photobucket
19 weeks side


How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I’m up 8lbs, which is 2lbs less then with Reagan.
Maternity clothes? Yep, but the sad thing is I don’t have really any summer clothes. I’m pregnant in the wrong time of the year this time because I only have jeans and long sleeve shirts.
Stretch marks? NOPE. I’m crossing my fingers that I don’t get any this time. 
Sleep: Sleeping great, but can’t seem to sleep in past 5:30 when Jake gets up for work.
Best moment this week: Reagan is crazy about kissing my belly because she thinks she is kissing her baby sister. It pretty much melts my heart.
Miss Anything? Not really. I would like to wear my normal summer clothes and maybe have a beer. It’s not like I ever really drink, but having the option would be nice.
Movement: She is pretty active in the evenings, but I think that is because this is the only time I finally get to just sit and relax.
Food cravings: Umm…I have wanted ice-cream. I think it’s the sweet and cold. When it’s SUPER hot outside some nice cold ice-cream taste AMAZING!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I feel GREAT! I’m pretty tired by the evening, but I think that is because I have been waking up so dang early.  
Have you started to show yet: Yeppers. I got a baby bump. I even had a lady at the store ask me if I was having another girl, when Reagan and I went shopping.
Gender: It’s a GIRL!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? It’s still in, but becoming less deep.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am pretty darn happy!
Looking forward to:  I’m excited to spend some good quality time with Reagan over the summer.


 Photobucket

Reagan is loving her new dress up clothes.

Photobucket
I know that this isn't the best picture, but Jake wanted to show me he played dress up with Reagan. He told me that she made him put on a dress and crown. I think he is going to do just great having another girl running around.

Photobucket
The best place to spend a HOT HOT day..... In the shade, only in a diaper and  playing with the water table.

Photobucket
20 week front

Photobucket
20 week side

Photobucket
This is what a 2007 Toyota 4 Runner looks like when it comes in contact with a deer on the freeway at 55 miles per hour. I actually think it looks pretty good considering .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This actually looks better than it had looked the day before. Reagan with Roseola and let me say, "IT SUCKS."

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: gained 8.5lbs
Maternity clothes? Yep, but I still don’t look really prego yet.
Stretch marks? Nope, crossing my fingers I won’t have to ever answer “yes” to the question.
Sleep: Ya, I’m sleeping great now that Reagan is over having Roseola.
Best moment this week: The day we hit week 21 because week 20 was such a nightmare.
Miss Anything? I would love to have a proper cooked steak.
 Movement: She is not a big mover, but I’m so busy with Reagan that I don’t notice her moving much until Reagan is asleep.
Food cravings: I have been not wanting to eat anything other then spinach salads & s’more Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope feel like a champ.
Have you started to show yet: I have a little pot belly.
Gender: It’s a girl and they confirmed it on 6/5/2012 that she is still a girl.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still totally in.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am pretty darn happy!
Looking forward to:  I’m so happy that week 20 is over because last week was a nightmare. I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend with my family.  


Photobucket
Week 21 Front

Photobucket
Week 21 side



This posting is long awaited, but I finally have a little time to myself to talk about week 19 & 20 of my pregnancy. Week 19 was crazy because we got home from our trip to Washington on the 22nd of May.  I will write all about the trip in another posting, as I have so much to talk about that it has to be a posting all on its own. We got to find out on May 24th that we’re having another GIRL! Jake and I decided to take Reagan along to the appointment, which might not have been the smartest thing because she couldn’t sit still for the life of her. If you’re almost 2 and your parents want you to do something like sit still for 45 minutes you most definitely won’t. I had a feeling the whole time that we were having another girl, but this pregnancy was a bit different than with Reagan. It wasn’t like night and day different, but it was all its own. This time around my face never broke out like a 16 year-old, which it did with Reagan. I could also pretty much eat whatever I wanted, but when I was pregnant with Reagan I lived on Special K cereal. I never had morning sickness in either of my pregnancies. I also think that my stomach didn’t “pop” as soon this time around. I know that it is nuts, considering everyone says with your second you show so much sooner, but not for me. That is all I can really think of as far as this time being different then before.

When I was sitting on the table waiting to find out, I just had the gut feeling that I was having another girl. I know that when I first found out that I was pregnant I was hoping that we would have another girl. I never had a sister growing up, and I thought it would be great to have two girls. I know that they will fight and won’t be able to stand each other at times, but in the end families with two girls are just special. I never had a sister to steal her clothes, play dolls with, play dress up (though I did dress up my brothers), talk about boys with or have girl talk. The girls that I know who came from a family of two kids seem to be close as adults, as I’m sure my girls will be. I’m excited for all the ups and downs of having two girls running around. I’m not going to lie and say that I didn’t have a split second of sadness that I wasn’t having a boy, but it was really only a split second. When Jake and I were walking back to the car Jake said to me, “We’re not trying for a 3rd to get a boy.” I couldn’t agree more. I feel like two will complete our family. I don’t need to have a son to feel done. It’s weird because Jake and I both come from a family of three and we have said from the start that we will never have three. Reagan has been telling us for months that Mommy has a baby girl in her belly, I guess we should have listen to her from the start. Later that night we got the next exciting thing, which is Jake got to finally feel our baby girl kick. I have been feeling her for a while, but it has continued to get stronger and Jake got to feel her finally. I do have to say that feeling your baby move is one of the most amazing things ever. The rest of week 19 was pretty low key. We just were getting back on track from our vacation.

Week 20 of my pregnancy started off just as any other Thursday does. I was excited that we had reached the halfway mark. When I was going through fertility stuff, I thought 20 weeks of pregnancy was something I may never reach, but thank you GOD I have made it. I will be holding my sweet baby girl in no more than 20 more weeks. Then on Friday June 1st, 2012 things started to heat up. We had a typical Friday around our house, but the weather turned and so did everything else. We were under tornado watch most of the evening, until the following day. Reagan wasn’t acting like her normal self, but I figure that it was nothing to worry about. Jake had given her a late snack and I figured that was the reason she wasn’t interested in any of her dinner. She actually refused to read a second book at bedtime. I thought she felt warm, but Jake figured that it was because our house was warm. The next morning Reagan decided to wake up at 5am, with a nice high fever. It was extremely strange because she was acting normal. She didn’t have a cold, cough, flu, etc. I thought maybe it was teeth, as she is very seldom sick. We broke our rule of how much TV she is allowed to watch because I wanted her to rest; I also just wanted to sit like a zombie on the couch for at least an hour and a half. Reagan continued to refuse to eat and her fever refused to break. We watched as her fever continued to climb, only coming down a bit with some Tylenol. Then Sunday rolled around, the fever was still lingering, and I found three spots that looked like pimples on Reagan’s left side. She had one on her back, and two by her arm pit. At first I actually thought that it might be the chickenpox. I asked my neighbor to come take a look, as she has grown kids and grandkids. She said it didn’t look like the pox. I was relieved as Reagan has been vaccinated for them.

During the day she acted sicker than normal and around 6:30pm she was still not eating and drinking very little. I decided to phone the nurse on call and she told me that we needed to head into the ER. If you have ever taken your child to the ER it’s pretty much the worst experience ever. I had to help hold down my daughter as she is poked and prodded. She is screaming from pain and I have to try and hold myself together as I feel like a crappy parent. I bit back the tears, but I was breaking on the inside from the pain she was in. Then, to make me feel even worse, all the test results came back that she had some sort of virus. They told me that she had some abnormal blood counts, but told me it was most likely due to the illness and to retest after she was over her sickness. It was midnight before we left for our hour-long drive home. I started crying not only from everything we had just put our daughter though, but I was exhausted. I was scared because of what they had said about the blood test results. I stated to overact and before you know it I’m baling my eyes out, Reagan is watching Dora in the backseat & Jake is, I’m sure, counting down how much sleep he will be able to get before he has to wake up for work the next morning. We were just about to our exit on the freeway when, out of the dark, Jake and I spotted a deer in the road.  We must have spotted it at the exact same moment because I shout deer as Jake slammed on the brakes. It felt like it took 10 minutes for the car to stop, but it wasn’t fast enough because we hit and ran over Bambi. At that point I had completely stopped crying and was in shock that we were all okay. Reagan didn’t even notice that we had just hit a deer at 55 mph because she was so absorbed by Dora at 12:30am. We limped the remainder of the way home; I was still in shock that we were not on the way back to the hospital after hitting the deer. I couldn’t believe that our airbags had not deployed, but I was a little relieved because I’m sure that wouldn’t have been the best for the baby in my belly. When we got home I think that Jake and I were both a bit surprised that a giant chunk of the car was missing, but both relieved that it was in the 4 Runner and not the car.

I was relieved after the deer incident that I could feel baby #2 having a dance party in my belly as I finally fell asleep after 1am. Reagan was still sick on Monday, but seemed to be a bit better than the day before. I was relieved that her fever was only around 102 now, but she clung to Jake and me for dear life. She didn’t want to be placed on the ground, but for us to be her pack mules. I was happy because Reagan did eat a few bite of food, which she hadn’t done in days. When you’re a mom you just want your child to be well, and it breaks your heart when they don’t feel good.

When Tuesday rolled around I had to wake Reagan up because Jake was leaving on a business trip. I was taking her for a follow-up appointment and I also had a checkup. I was going to cancel it because I had just seen my OB on Friday because baby girl #2 had been pretty lazy the few days before, but I figured that since we had just hit a deer at 55 mph on Sunday that it was a good idea to get checked out. That is when the unexpected happened. I was bending down and I felt a little wetness down below. I knew exactly what happen because this was just it was exactly like what happened when I was pregnant with Reagan. I knew then that I needed to definitely see my OB.

As we were driving Jake to the airport, Reagan was super fussy in the backseat. I figured that it was because she refused to eat anything before we left the house. I also looked at her in the backseat and noticed that she was scratching at her face a bit. Then I looked a little closer and noticed that her ears were super red inside and around the back. I was relieved that I was taking her to the doctor because I knew that this rash wasn’t a good thing. I was just relieved that she didn’t feel like she had any sort of fever remaining. We kissed Jake good-bye and wished him an enjoyable trip.

When I took Reagan into the doctor she confirmed that it was indeed Roseola, which I was relieved because I was freaking out that she had the measles. Roseola looks exactly like the measles, and I kept thinking “She has been vaccinated.” I thought if she could get the measles then so can I. Then my mind would start to race on all the problems that could happen if I got the measles. I’m thankful that here I am a week later writing this and she is better, and Jake and I never got sick. Reagan was still miserable that night with her rash. She was covered from head to toe. I was exhausted, but she just could not seem to fall asleep. She finally fell asleep at what time you ask?? Oh, just 4am, only to wake up at 8:15am. As soon as Reagan decided to fall asleep the baby in my belly decided to have a dance party, which made it hard for me to fall asleep. I wanted to, in part, stay awake and feel her move because she is a pretty lazy baby, but I also needed sleep. Needless to say that on Wednesday morning I felt like a zombie. I was so happy that Jake decided to come home a day early from his business trip.

I was so so happy when Thursday rolled around because that brought on a new week in my pregnancy, which I was looking forward to being a normal, low-key week. Reagan and I are without a car, but we have been enjoying the nice HOT weather. I’m so thankful for A/C, but praying that it doesn’t crap out on us this year. I’m pretty sure it’s on its last leg, or has been for the 10 years, as this AC unit is older then I am. I have felt great this week, but am pretty dang HOT. I don’t mind it being warm during the day, but I would like for it to be cold when I go to bed at night. I have also started to have super bad heartburn again. It sucks, and it doesn’t matter what I eat or drink. All that I can say is that when this baby is born she better have some hair on her head. Jake and I also decided that we would share what we’re naming our little girl because in the end it doesn’t matter if people don’t like it. It’s our kid, and we’re not changing it. This little girl’s name is going to be Tenley Anne Evans. We knew that if we didn’t start to tell people that Reagan was going to spill the beans for us. I think that about sums it up. I’m super excited for Reagan and my trip back to Washington for my baby shower. It will be so GREAT to see some of my dear friends and family. I’m also dreading flying alone with a 2 year old, but hopefully it will be good because she will have her own seat. I think that this novel is done, but check back soon because I’m breaking the blog back out!! 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got through your crazy week safely! I love, love, love the baby's name : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name and LOVE it even more your perspective on not keeping it a secret! xo

    ReplyDelete