Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Baby!

Photobucket
Reagan checking out her new shirt!

Photobucket
I think she is excited to be a big sister.

Do you ever feel like God has played a joke on you? Well, that is exactly what I think he did to me. He wanted me to have patience and I decided I was done waiting, which isn’t what God had planned. Finally, after many tears, I had come to grips with the fact that I was not pregnant. I got angry, and then I cried some more. I called the doctor and he told me to stop taking my progesterone and then I would start my cycle (this is my nice way of putting it) within the next week. I decided to continue taking it for a few more days; I have no idea why.

Friday February 17th came around just like any other day. Jake’s alarm went off at 5:30, and because I can’t seem to sleep through him getting ready in the morning, I decided to get up and have some of my own personal time before Reagan woke for the day. It is always nice to have some Mommy time. I knew that I would stop taking my progesterone that day, but I figured since I bought the 3 pack of pregnancy tests that I would at least use the last one. I went and peed on the stick figuring that it would be negative just like the other two. I left the pregnancy test and went to poured myself a bowl of cereal. Then I came back grabbed the test and was instantly shocked at what I saw a big fat “PREGNANT.” I ran to the bedroom and just as Jake was getting out of the shower I shoved the pregnancy test in his face saying that we we’re actually going to have a baby after all. Just like when I told him I was pregnant with Reagan, he was so nonchalant. I think he must have been thinking, “Okay great, but I have to get to work.”

After we found out that we were pregnant, I instantly called the fertility doctor and explained to them that I was pregnant after all. They told me that I would need to go and get my blood drawn three times over the next week to check my HCG levels and make sure that they continued to increase. I was excited, but it was different this time. I was instantly scared like I never had been before. Looking back, I should have figured that I was pregnant since I was having a hard time staying awake to even eight o’clock. I was just too scared to let myself believe that it would be okay. When Jake and I went for our ultrasound, at the fertility clinic, to see a heartbeat, I was holding my breath the whole time. I know it sounds horrible, but I was half waiting for the other shoe to drop.

In the following weeks, I met with my OB, had a dating ultrasound, and stayed pregnant. I was scared the whole time, but luckily between Reagan and work it helped keep my mind busy. I felt pretty good and everything seemed to be a lot like my pregnancy with Reagan. I was exhausted by the evening and ate a ton of cereal. I never got sick, but had the constant sick feeling throughout the day.

It wasn’t until yesterday that Jake and I actually felt like we’re having another baby. We had a nucal ultrasound yesterday morning and we saw out little baby moving all around stretching his/her long legs, and measuring in at a whopping 5 inches. I actually felt a giant wave of relief when they told me that the baby look great and healthy. Jake and I chatted the whole way home about the baby that is going to bless our family. I actually felt giddy and excited like I hadn’t felt yet. I finally had that connection with this little baby that I was waiting to happen. In the end, we’re all excited about what the future holds, and we feel extremely blessed that we’re having another kiddo.

4 comments:

  1. Praise God! I KNEW it but couldn't bring myself to ask you. I've cried about your situation and felt very calm that god was taking care of everything and nurturing you all too. Now I'm crying again I'm so happy for you. May god bless you "real good" Candice. I can't tell you how delighted I am but not surprised to read this news. So many people are keeping faithful for you Candice I am thankful for a miracle working god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations I know how delighted you will be. Reagan will be a lovely big sister or mini mum. Love to you all Lorraine UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I have been praying for you Candice.. It is all in God's timning,and giving this up to HIM must have been the hardest thing you have had to do. I am so happy for you and Jake as you begin yet another amazing adventure with baby # 2. It is super fun!
    Love you girl..
    Jen

    ReplyDelete