Sunday, April 22, 2012

14 Weeks

Photobucket
I think it's always best to show off just how cute my daughter is. I might be bias, but that is okay because I'm her Mom!
Photobucket
4 Weeks
Photobucket
4 Weeks
Photobucket
5 Weeks
Photobucket
5 Weeks
Photobucket
6 Weeks
Photobucket
6 Weeks
Photobucket
7 Weeks
Photobucket
7 Weeks
Photobucket
8 Weeks
Photobucket
8 Weeks
Photobucket
10 Weeks
Photobucket
10 Weeks
Photobucket
12 Weeks
Photobucket
12 Weeks
Photobucket
13 Weeks
Photobucket
13 Weeks
Photobucket
14 Weeks
Photobucket
14 Weeks
 I recently haven’t felt like blogging. We got some pretty upsetting news last week about my sister-in-law. She found out that she had breast cancer, and I couldn’t seem to bring myself to write about my pregnancy without feeling horrible. I just didn’t feel right talking about the baby growing inside me while my heart is breaking for her. I know that in she will be fine since she is one of the strongest people I know. I also know that if anyone could overcome this, she is the person that could do it. I finally decided that it wasn’t fair to my readers, and me, not to write about this pregnancy. So, here I am spilling my guts once again on another pregnancy.

 Well, we did it we made it to 14 weeks. I still can’t believe it myself that I’m 14 weeks pregnant because other than putting on some weight I don’t really feel pregnant. I just feel like I drank a 12 pack of beer and stopped for some Jack N’ the Box. Jake told me that, for the most part, he even forgets that I’m pregnant. I have no idea how I’m not showing sooner with my second child. I also have no idea how I’m still not wearing any maternity clothes. Oh yeah, that’s right, I started off my pregnancy 9lbs lighter than I did with Reagan. Don’t hate me; I’m going to be paying for it in August when its a trillion degrees and I look like Shamoo. I’m not in maternity clothes because I can just wear my fat clothes, or pre-pregnancy clothes from Reagan. Jake always rides my case about not throwing clothes away even when they get all dingy, but it’s the poor kid in me; not knowing when I might need them again, and look, it paid off this time.

 As far as this pregnancy goes I would have to say it’s pretty similar to mine with Reagan. I was super exhausted for the first 10 weeks or so. I was even having a hard time staying up until Reagan’s bed time at 7:30pm. I didn’t have any morning sickness this time either. I also pretty much could eat the same foods as before. I didn’t really crave one thing, or another. I had some days that all I wanted to eat was fruit, but the next I wanted a big greasy burger and fries. In the end I still turn to my favorite pregnancy food, when nothing else sounds good and that is cereal. This time around though it isn’t Special K Red Berry, but some form of Fiber 1. I think the main difference with this pregnancy is that this time I didn’t break out like a 16 year old school girl, as I did with Reagan. I have to say that this was very nice because it sucked before. I can’t say that my skin has been amazing because it’s not great, but it could be worst. I guess other than that, I feel pretty great.

 Thanks for letting me chat about my pregnancy and life. I hope that everyone has a great week, and we’ll see what is in store for the coming week. Who knows maybe I will grow a pot-belly over night! Oh, and I always look like crap at the end of the day, when Jake takes these pictures. So, please don't judge.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry - me again (your family will be getting fed up of reading comments from this mad English photographer I'm sure)- but I have to speak as I feel I'm afraid. I'm going to chastise you this time Candice. Yes, it's heartbreaking your sister in law having breast cancer but it's also fantastic what they can do nowadays and I have more than one friend who have faced this and made a complete recovery. I'm sure that if she's in your family which is a special family she will be a special kind of person too who will find some strength for herself and her problems in hearing about your pregnancy and what happiness it is bringing to you and your extended family. For all you know it may be one of the thing she is drawing strength from - the thought of meeting little Avery-Evans junior sometime soon. So don't stop blogging about your joy because in the same way as we all felt and shared your pain we also share you joy and draw comfort from it too. So please - blog away - I think I speak for everyone when I say we love to hear and see what Reagan and your family have been up to. Your posts are like a breath of fresh air, a reality check, honest and true and you are not afraid to talk about the unspeakable. Some people who face the same issues, quietly by themselves draw strength and encouragement from what you write. So keep goind and I for one will keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    Your words are so kind and everyone loves to read your comments. I will keep blogging if you keep reading. I know that my sister-in law is in for a journey, but she is strong and will beat this. So, many people are praying for her and I have faith that she will come out just fine. I'm happy to know that my blog isn't getting dull now that I'm back in the states. Happy Monday and I hope you have an amazing week. Love to your family- Candice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will pray for your sister in law too Candice so like you with the time difference someone somewhere is upholding her in prayer 24/7. In times of despair I always try to imagine being lifted up by prayer to the point where eagles soar - almost as if on the breath of god it is so still and calm and needs no struggle from me flapping my earthly wings to stay there. Just draw closer to god.

      Delete
  3. Oh My! If that is the crappy way you look after a long day and being 14 weeks pregnant! You're gorgeous! I would envy you but as a Christ follower it is not recommended. The glow of being with child!

    ReplyDelete