Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tenley is 1 Month Old





















Do they look similar?? Who do you think is Reagan?? Who is Tenley??? 
The answer is... Tenley is on the left Reagan is on the right. 
Happy 1 Month!

Dear Tenley,

I can’t believe you’re already a month old. This month has gone so fast and I wish that I could slow time down. I would watch you a little longer and enjoy those first few days a bit more. I hate that I already have to pack away your newborn clothes. You’re no longer a newborn, but a 1 month old. You’re growing and have already changed so much and I fall in love with you move everyday. Your sister loves you so much and was so excited to finally meet you in the hospital. She constantly wants to touch and kiss you, which I’m not sure that you like all that much. I love watching your Daddy with you because he is just a pro at being a dad. He loves you so much and loves his snuggle time with you.

This month has been a very busy one with company. When you came home from the hospital Uncle Dallas, Auntie Sareh and Darby were at our house. It was a busy house, but you didn’t notice. It was also nice that your auntie and uncle could enjoy some snuggle time with you. They were a major help around the house and I’m so happy they could share this special time with us. The day that they left your Grandma Kayla flew in for a week. It was so great to have your grandma at the house. She was so much help with everything, and I didn’t want her to leave. She thought that you were such an easy baby and you’re dad and I agree. You sleep so much that I was actually worried because I never remember your sister sleeping 20 hours a day. You came down with jaundice and I was setting my alarm every 2 hours to feed you like the doctor said. The doctor told me the sleeping was normal and your jaundice level was only at 13 when you were 6 days old, and they don’t worry till it gets to 20. You were amazing at nursing and the jaundice didn’t last long. You looked so much better by 10 days old.

You make such cute little noises and it makes me sad because I know just as the newborn stage goes so will these sounds. You love to be held and you are not a big fan being put down. You also love taking a bath and I think if you could talk you would tell me you never want to get out. I hold you all the time and still feel like I’m not giving you enough attention. I know that I should put you down, but I want to cherish every moment I have with you being small. Your personality is just like your dad’s. You’re a very easy going baby that, I can tell, just takes everything in. You love to look around when you’re awake. I love that you will look in my eyes when I nurse you. It’s our little connection time.

You experienced your first hurricane on October 29 and it left you with a cold and cough. I worried like I always do so your dad and I took you to the ER to get checked out. They said it was just a virus nothing we could do, but let it run its course. It was the first of many doctor visits over the next 2 weeks.  Your sister and you both had this nasty cold and on the 1st of November Mema came for a visit. She was amazing at taking care of us all and I never wanted her to go home. After a night of really bad coughing we finally took you back to the doctors again and they treated you as if you had whooping cough.  I was relived that the medication worked and you were so much better within a few days.  The first month is over and I know the next will be great. I love you so much and am so happy your part of our family.

Some statistics: 10/12/12: 7lbs 4oz; 10/15/12 7lbs 6oz; 10/19/12 7lbs 8oz; 10/22/12 7lbs 10oz; 10/31/12 8lbs 4oz; 11/5/12 8lbs 13oz

Love, Mommy 


1 comment:

  1. Candice, I'm always warmed by your loving and tender words about your precious family. You are certainly one of the best mothers I have ever known. Your girls will know that,too and will be thankful to have been so loved by such a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete